Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hour Game

I am trying to move away from my comfort zone and have started trying out books written by different authors. My journey into English fiction world started with "To sir with love" and then I moved to Sidney Sheldon and then I became more comfortable with John Grisham, Stephen King, Robin Cook and Dean Koontz. Occasionally I tried Jeffrey Archer, Harold Robbins, Irving Wallace. Then there was a big lull in my reading habit and I have again rekindled that habit and been trying out books by different Authors. Some choices made me happy and some made me cringe.

One such book is Hour Game by David Baldacci. This is a 600 page book and contains murder after murder and can really be mentioned as an example for a serial killer novel. The novel just went one from one murder to another and there is a incompetent police chief who hires couple of detectives to solve the cases for him. The FBI also gets involved and together they go nowhere for almost 500 pages. They just sit and watch the murders with us. Suddenly there comes one twist after another and finally the novel ends. It's not a great novel but it can be read if you don't have anything useful to do.

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...