Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2006

Dreamcatcher

Watched the movie Dreamcatcher yesterday. I am a big fan of Stephen King. I bought Dreamcatcher not because it was written by King but it was available for cheap in HMV.

I havent read the book so I had no expectations for the movie except I had scanned through the story line behind the DVD cover. Except for the movie Alien (first two parts) and Spieces - to certain extent, no other movie on Alien actually interested me. May be Abyss to some extent.

Dreamcatcher has an Alien theme. The story starts of in a typical King style. Few scenes reminds us of the movie IT. Four friends have a good alien!! friend. These four friends were give special powers by that alien.

They grow up and a whole town is invaded by bad aliens how the four of them destroy the bad aliens with the help of good alien forms the story line.

Except for few scenes there is nothing creepy or haunting in the movie.

The only thing I liked about the movie is the location. If you watch this movie in Sahara (i mean the desert) also you will feel cold as all happens in a snowy town.

As all Kings novels I heard the names Maine, Derry mentioned here.

I didnt know what Morgan Freeman was doing in a such insipid role.

Overall the movie doesnt live up to Kings reputation.

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...