Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Schindler's List


Schindler's list impressed me the first time I watched it. I recently bought bluray version of the movie and re-watched it last Sunday and it still had the same impact. It is my most favorite movie from Spielberg's stable. I have always had difficulty in distinguishing films by Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Only when I watched it this Sunday I realised that both of them had worked together in this movie.

It is sad that Ralph Fiennes didn't receive an Oscar for his portrayal of Amon. It was mind blowing scary performance. That too considering the fact Waltz received Oscar for Inglorious Basterds which was also an performance to match Fiennes.

When we realise that there is still an entire generation which is alive only because of what Oskar Schindler did it just makes us want to do more for people who are in need of help.

There are so many memorable moments from the movie and the last scene where Schindler gets emotional, feeling that he could have done more despite saving 1200 Jews is the most memorable one.


No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...