Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2018

Sairat

Though I am not a big fan of severe tragic movies there are some tragic movies which are in my favorites list. Movies like Dead Man Walking, City of Angels, Jagten - the Hunt, Spoorloos, About Elly, The color of paradise etc are such movies.

There are some movies which I avoid like a plague as the content is too tragic for me to sit through. Most of Bala's movies fall into this category. After hearing the climax of Kadhal I didn't get the guts to sit through it.

Now coming to the Marathi movie Sairat, I have heard a lot about this movie but I was not sure if it was tragic movie. I jut now finished watching this movie and I am feeling numb after watching the ending.

The movie was fantastic. The songs, music, cinematography, acting everything was stellar. Time just flew and I didn't even realise it was almost 3 hours long. The movie has the shade of the Tamil movie Kadhal. I was expecting tragedy to strike anytime but when it does land the impact was severe. I was not expecting this ending. This movie reminds of lot of things that happened in Tamilnadu sometime back.

Why are people against love? Why does caste become so important? How anger can totally change you into a different beast. Everyone thinks they are right even if it is to go against their own blood.

I do not expect to see a better future as Anger is there. It is not going to go away. The reasons might change but there is no way to hide from it.

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...