Search This Blog

Saturday, November 02, 2019

Pariyerum Perumal

There were lot of good reviews for this movie and this is the first movie I watched post my Amazon Prime subscription. I was actually disappointed as I didn't feel how the other reviewers felt.

From the time Tamil Cinema started we have seen love stories between low caste and upper caster girl and boy. Sometimes it will be religion sometimes economical differences. This movie also has this as the main story plot. The story didn't move cohesively I couldn't gel with the flow.

The movie has some really shocking moments. I agree to that but that alone cannot make a movie interesting.

Some filmmakers make violence look so good that you will enjoy it even through you know it is not possible in real life ex: Kill Bill. Some filmmakers don't do that and show violence as it is. Sometimes this can be interesting sometimes it can go blah. For some reason I felt Pariyerum fell into the not interesting category.

I also couldn't figure out why the old man did what he did in the last scene.

I don't know if this feeling is because I didn't watch it in one stretch. It took me four days to finish it. 

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...