Search This Blog

Thursday, September 03, 2020

Affair with cable

 My affair with Cable is an on and off one. I prefer to watch movies or programs without any ad interruptions. Our Tamil channels are notorious with advertisements. Especially Raj and Vijay can kill you with advertisements. Also the time I get to spend on TV has reduced considerably over the years. Another factor is if I spend time on Cable my DVD and Bluray collection remains untouched. The final nail was the new TRAI rule which increased the cost to a new high.

Earlier I had Tata Sky and their cost was high and even to look at issues in their service they will charge you. You will be charged just for the visit. I discontinued Tata Sky and remained Cable free for almost an year. Then I heard SCV cable provides almost all HD channels for a low cost. I switched to SCV and everything was going file till TRAI interfered with their illogical rule. I discontinued again.

I almost forgot how watching cable felt until I was admitted in hospital for few days where I had the opportunity of watching cable. This made me to take the service again in Dec 2019. After few months I felt the channels just repeat content and I really didn't have time for Cable in my life and discontinued it.

Now during the quarantine I saw people passionately enjoying programs in Cable which again made me regret my decision to discontinue cable. Again I have installed Cable against my family's objection.

I have not watched it continuously for 30 minutes since installing. Should see how long this will last. 

No comments:

Beautiful Boy