Search This Blog

Sunday, September 03, 2023

MicroSD not detected

 I was playing using and all of a sudden the phone stopped detecting the music stored within the microsd card. Upon checking further the phone totally stopped recognizing the sd card altogether. The main problem in such situations is we do not know what we had stored in that card and what we are going to miss. This has happened a lot with portable hard disks and this was my first with a sd card.

I switched the card to another phone and even there the card was recognized. I tried another card in my phone and it got detected. When I tried the card using an adaptor in a PC it got detected.

Now without knowing what is causing the issue, I was confused about buying a new card. What if that card is also not detected?

Still I thought since it is anyway recognizing the other card, I went ahead and enquired the cost of a new microSD card with higher storage capacity. I noticed there is atleast 100 to 150 rs difference between what is shown online and a shop, that too the shop was considered to sell for cheap prices.

I came back and then did some search and since it was getting detected in PC, thought of formatting the card as suggested by few.

I unchecked the quick format option and it took almost 30 mins for a 64GB card to be formatted. I backed up the content before formatting.

After formatting inserted the card into mobile and "Voila ! It worked !!"

I still do not know what caused the problem but formatting fixed it.

No comments:

Beautiful Boy