Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effects on my Home Theater. However after some point of time we now have so many Godzilla, Kong movies it is not easy to distinguish one from the other. Same is the case with Marvel and DC movies as well.

My son is a fan of the Gen Z Kong, Godzilla movies and he can differentiate which scene is from which movie. To treat him with the experience of watching his heroes on big screen watched the latest movie on big screen in 3D.

The movie has a pretty straight forward story which we have seen in Tamil cinema since the days of MGR.

There is a bad monkey like Nambiar who tortures other monkeys and Kong comes to their rescue. There are even characters like Nagesh or Suruli both in animal and human characters. Top this story with some hollow earth scientific jargons and you have the movie ready.

I used to own a 3D TV with 3D blurays and used to analyse how good the 3D effect was in those movies. I didn't find the 3D to be very good in this movie except for some long shot scenes. Otherwise movie almost looks like a 2D movie.

Visually though the movie looks great. I realised it only after the movie was over. Not even once we think that these are not real monkeys or animals. We start to think they are real like human actors. That is the success of the VFX team.

All creatures keep growling at the drop of the hat. So be prepared for that.

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...