Search This Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Good Old Days 1

From Rani comics I moved on to Muthu Comics and Lion Comics. There used to be a character called Spider (i am not sure of the name). Also the famous "irumbu kai maayavi". This guy has on had made of iron. Whenever he touches electricity with that hand he will become invisible. It will last only for few hours.

The books also used contained lot of funny cartoons such as archie etc.

Parallely Ambulimama, Balamithra, Poonthalir also used to take up most of my time. The stories which revolved around jungles, kings, prohits they are unforgetable. The pictures for those stories made an everlasting impact.

Very late I came across Siruvar Malar from Dina Malar. That also had very good content. I used to like 'pala muga manan Joe'.

These are books which gave images to our imagination. Someway or other our thoughts were definitley redifned.

I did come across few russian books which also were a good read.

At a very later stage I was introduced to Tinkle. I can keep reading tinkle for hours. I can read the same book again and again.

The characters from Tinkle are unforgettable such as Shikari Shambu, Suppandi, Kalia, Kapish, the bad Sigal, the bad tiger, the bad crocodile, Dopaya. All of those caharacters are no more just cartoon characters they are alive in someway.

Those were the days we never thought a 24 hours cartoon channel was a possibility.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Gaurav said...

Hey I am trying hard to find out who Dopaya was but cant seem to find it.. can you help me out with that one?

A Simple Plan and Just Mercy