Search This Blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

Ponniyin Selvan

I watched Shallow Hal for the second time yesterday. I was reminded of Ponniyin Selvan in Tamil. Both the movies tried to look at Physical deformities in a lighter vein. Thought i didnt like the ending of Ponniyin Selvan (Hero's mother dying part) it was a very good movie.

Both movies had enough reason to turn into tearjerkers. Except for occasional senti dialogues both the movies take us through some hilarious moments.

Jack Black was great in Shallow Hal. Gwyneth Paltrow didnt have much to do though the movies runs around her. The one who comes as Jack Black was also great. The movie has a feel good end.

I liked Ravi krishna's style of acting in Ponniyin Selvan. May be for the reason he gets irritated for silly reasons as I do. May Dialogues between Revathy and Ravikrishna were very natural.

In Shallow Hal Jack Black starts loving Gwyneth Paltrow though she is awfully fat. Gopika in Ponniyin Selvan has a crush on Ravi krishna though his face is deformed. True love is this, but is it there in this "Real" world?

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...