Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Updates

Weekend went to some shops in chennai. The places I hit in the order I visited are G.N.Chetty road, Alwarpet, Adyar, Pondy Bazaar. The traffic snarls in T.Nagar area is worse beyond imagination. I was unable to walk through the road. You need specific skill to walk in that road. I was not able to go into any of the shops as the shops were crowded beyond their limit but still I squeezed through. The crowd makes it look like they are distributing things for free. Though its good people are spending but as there are no means for a hassle free shopping its very tiring.

Everyday coming to office is becoming a big ordeal both from travel point of view and interest in work point of view. From childhood I envy those people who sit behind the kalla whose job is to simply collect the money and return the change. Especially the guy who are in the counters in hotels.

Saw few scenes from the movie Unnale Unnale it looked interesting.

2 comments:

Balaji S Rajan said...

Oh..dear I have thought exactly the same whenever I saw the man behind 'Kalla' in hotels. I have stood aside to watch such people doing their job and have enjoyed. There was a gentleman in the cash counter of VLR stall in Tambaram Railway station. We as school kids used to wait for our train. During those time I have stood near the till and have watched all those activities and have thought to occupy that job if I grew big. LOL..

Dany said...

ha ha right station VLR is the right example :)

A Simple Plan and Just Mercy