Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Midnight Express

When I was watching Midnight Express I couldnt avoid thinking about Shawshank Redemption. I felt Midnight Express was very powerful when compared to Shawshank Redemption. Though I say that Shawshank Redemption is an excellent movie on its own. Midnight express was bloody, violent and raw. Though we know the main character is guilty we still root for him. The point that this was based on a real story makes it even more difficult to watch all the things the main character has to go through. But I did read that the movie has sensationalised most of the events to make it more exciting. Still it doesnt take out the fact the movie is a brutal movie. Brad Davis who has played the role of Billy Hayes has delivered an outstanding performance. The soundtrack for this movie is absolutely awesome. This movie is definitely worth a watch.

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...