Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Impressive

After a dry patch of watching some not so good movies I chanced upon couple of movie which just impressed me in more than one way.



The first movie was "Doubt" starring Philip S Hoffman and Meryl Streep. Though the movie looks like based on true events I was glad it was not. It has some great acting from the stalwarts and it is a pity that Hoffman is no more.

The second one was "In the name of my father". This movie based on true events is scary. It is so difficult to think that the Police can go to any extent. It is scary to think that there can be so many innocents who might have lost their life framed as convicts, who might be currently serving their sentence in prison. The world is definitely unfair.

This reminds of 2 Kings book in the Bible where one of the Israelite King Basha spills innocent blood and how much the Israelite's had to suffer because of that.  Though there can be revenge for lost innocent lives, lives lost are lives lost. They never gets a chance to see that revenge is served.

No comments:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...