Search This Blog

Sunday, December 09, 2018

2.0

After almost a week of its release I got the chance to watch the movie. When the movie was over all I was left with were mixed feelings. Nowadays mixed feelings is the only feeling after watching Rajini movies. The problem might also lie with me. I dont know what to expect from a Rajini movie anymore. I go looking for the 90's effect but all I get is something different.

Coming to 2.0 the best part is the flashback part, the rest of the move flies like a bullet train. We are not given any opportunity to settle. It just moves on from one scene to another. We are not able to relate to many of the things such as the Aura, the fifth force.

The flashback and Akshay taking revenge are usual Shankar formula but here he introduces Rajini as counter to Akshay. Rajini becomes the Prakashraj of Anniyan, Charan Raj of Gentleman. Should we root for Rajini or Akshay? The villain can be good hearted only when we are expected to root for him. It was like watching Spiderman movies where sometimes the villain's will have an emotional reason for doing what they do.

The ending was not satisfactory as Akshay is won over through emotional blackmail. So we end up with an ending like "The war of the worlds" where everything comes to an end suddenly. I still do not understand the need for Kutti. The antics of 2.0 were also irritating.

Visually the movie was very good and the quality of the end product was also stellar. The only problem is it was neither Pacific Rim nor an Indian.

We should appreciate the guts of Lyca and Shankar to invest on such a different theme where evil forces are neutralised scientifically.

ARR's music was also not something to boast about.

The waiting for a perfect Rajini movie still continues. I hope Petta satisfies that.

1 comment:

K Praveen said...

I loved the movie. Entertaining in a very unexpected way. Wrote about it in my blog - https://www.veenmanshow.com/2018/12/2-0-that-magnificent-rage-and-its-flying-machine.html

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

 I like the old Godzilla and King Kong movies for the VFX and SFX they used to have. When I collected DVDs I bought them to enjoy those effe...